A great winter warmer. Use whatever vegetables you have – it’s a bit of a veggie jamboree but really good when you’re cold and just in from an outdoor adventure.
For 4 bowls of soup:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 potato chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 a courgette chipped into 1cm cubes
- 50 g of chorizo in 1cm cubes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 750 ml low salt vegetable stock
- 50 g spaghetti broken into small pieces
- Handful of frozen broad beans
- Salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes then add the garlic, potato, courgette and chorizo. Continue to cook until the oil starts to turn a deep red colour.
Add the tinned tomatoes and stock. Cook for 10 minutes (when the vegetables should start to soften), then add the spaghetti. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring regularly to stop the spaghetti sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add the broad beans and cook for a few minutes until they are tender.
Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Hope to hear from you soon. Do reply with a comment or let us know if you like this or any of our other recipes.