These pork and lettuce wraps are a delicious option for healthy eating. Depending on your taste you may want to reduce the amounts of chilli and fish sauce for little ones. They will really enjoy assembling these wraps at the table!
For 2 adults and a brave little one (this recipe is spicy!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g pork fillet finely diced (1cm square pieces)
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 and a half cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 red birds eye chillies
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- A handful of fresh mint and coriander
- Optional – 2 tbsp ground roasted rice (literally rice (jasmine if you can get it), tossed dry in a hot pan until it starts to colour, then cooled and ground in a pepper grinder)
- Optional – 50 g toasted cashew nuts
- 200 g boiled rice
- One head of little gem lettuce washed and separated into leaves
Fry the pork and the lemongrass in the oil until cooked through (4-5 minutes). Combine all the other ingredients (apart from the nuts, boiled rice and lettuce) to make a dressing.
Toss the pork in the dressing and serve with rice and lettuce on the side. If using, sprinkle with nuts to serve. Use the lettuce leaves to make wraps for the pork mixture – Enjoy!