Here’s a nice easy one for a weeknight. Use leftover chicken from your weekend roast dinner.
Feeds 2 adults and a little one:
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g basmati rice rinsed
- 600 ml hot chicken stock (we use Kallo stock cubes)
- 1 head broccoli chopped into pieces
- 100 g Emmental grated
- 25 g parmesan grated
- 50 ml double cream
- As much leftover chicken as you have (shredded)
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Fry the onions gently in the oil for a few minutes until they are soft. Add the rice, broccoli and the stock and stir for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cheese, cream and chicken. Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 180 C for 40 minutes.